Quick Start to Register A Computer
Step 1: Update your computer, configure the firewall and install anti-malware software
- Please make sure your OS (Operating System) and all other software is up to date.
- Please double check the following software is up to date:
- Operating System (Windows Update, MacOS's Software Update, Linux's apt-get update, etc...)
- Web browsers (Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome)
- Adobe software, especially Adobe Acrobat
- Please consider the configuration of the firewall on your computer. Is it on and appropriate for the task the computer will perform?
- Computers on the Physics network are required to have anti-malware software. Please install Trellix Endpoint Security (formerly FireEye Endpoint Security):
Step 2: Fill out the following form to request an IP address:
Step 3: Email email@example.com confirming all your software is up to date and Trellix (formerly FireEye) is installed